About Case Commons
Originally incubated by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, a national leader in child welfare policy and practice, Case Commons is a nonprofit that is transforming public human services through innovative technology. To fulfill this vision, Case Commons has designed and built revolutionary, and award-winning, software for child welfare — both our own products and client-driven projects — that are leading to better outcomes for some of our country’s most vulnerable children.
Case Commons offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k, and is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and are committed to supporting them as they help make our vision a reality.
Required — 5+ years experience:
- Leading UX on two or more digital services in an agile software development environment.
- Producing user requirements, specifications, and experience goals.
- Identifying user behaviors, needs, and motivations.
- Planning, developing, leading, and synthesizing usability tests and contextual interviews.
- Presenting synthesis to clients and stakeholders.
- Creating workflows, wireframes, prototypes, whiteboards, style guides, and mockups.
- Designing UI for web or mobile in an accessible and responsive way.
- CSS, HTML5, Adobe Creative Suite
- Government Social Services
- Child Welfare
What you’ll enjoy:
- Opportunity to creatively solve difficult problems
- A collaborative, learning-oriented work culture. We have a roll up your sleeves attitude but don’t encourage Herculean efforts. Evenings and weekends are your time and while work emergencies arise from time to time, they are few and far between.
- Brown bag presentations to give your brain other things to think about
- Open work environment
- Full benefits package (generous medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, 20 vacation days, 11 company holidays, 4 personal days, 5 sick days)
- The opportunity to work on a product that truly transforms lives
- Not only work on cutting-edge and innovative technology but feel good about what we’re doing as a company (food for the soul)
Where you’ll work:
- Your base will be Sacramento
- You will work “on site” with clients when you are on a client project
- You will work in a mix of office/home when you are not on a client project
- Travel to NYC office may be required quarterly
To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.