About Case Commons
Originally incubated by the Annie E. Casey Foundation, a national leader in child welfare policy and practice, Case Commons is a nonprofit that is transforming public human services through innovative technology. To fulfill this vision, Case Commons has designed and built revolutionary, and award-winning, software for child welfare — both our own products and client-driven projects — that are leading to better outcomes for some of our country’s most vulnerable children.
Case Commons offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits plan, including a 401k, and is an equal opportunity employer. We value our employees and are committed to supporting them as they help make our vision a reality.
Required — 5+ years experience:
- Leading, delivering, and continually improving two or more digital services or platforms
- Managing software development and design in an agile environment, from concept to completion, from research and ideation to shipping
- Creating product requirements:
- problem to solve and why solving it matters
- the audience
- requirements and constraints
- a high level minimal viable solution to address the above
- estimated resources needed
- what success looks like, and how to test and measure
- what finished looks like
- anti-goals (what we won’t be doing)
- guiding principles to help guide decisions and tradeoffs as they come up
- assumptions and how can we validate those assumptions
- Use Cases to illustrate the above
- Creating delivery plans.
- Researching, solutioning, proposing, and literally improving digital services.
- Ensuring all work complies with contract terms and conditions.
- Interfacing with Stakeholders and Contract Managers.
- Attending status and stakeholder meetings.
- Writing User Stories and Acceptance Scripts.
- Prioritizing User Story Backlog and planning Sprints.
- Scoping, descoping, and reprioritizing User Stories in service of contractual deadlines and Sprint goals.
- Performing Acceptance on completed User Stories.
- Writing Release Notes.
- Demoing product features to users, stakeholders, and clients.
- Government Social Services
- Child Welfare
- User research, contextual interviews, synthesis, and presenting findings
- Sketch, whiteboard, card sort, wireframe, and rapid prototype solutions
What you’ll have:
- Clear, concise, and flexible communication style.
- Empathy and team-oriented, mission driven approach.
- Strong desire and skills to succeed in a startup-like environment: tenacious, self-directed, flexible, patient, strategic.
What you’ll enjoy:
- Opportunity to creatively solve difficult problems
- A collaborative, learning-oriented work culture. We have a roll up your sleeves attitude but don’t encourage Herculean efforts. Evenings and weekends are your time and while work emergencies arise from time to time, they are few and far between.
- Brown bag presentations to give your brain other things to think about
- Open work environment
- Full benefits package (generous medical, dental, vision, 401k matching, 20 vacation days, 11 company holidays, 4 personal days, 5 sick days)
- The opportunity to work on a product that truly transforms lives
- Not only work on cutting-edge and innovative technology but feel good about what we’re doing as a company (food for the soul)
Where you’ll work:
- Your base will be Sacramento
- You will work “on site” with clients when you are on a client project
- You will work in a mix of office/home when you are not on a client project
- Travel to NYC office may be required quarterly
To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.